LUMA.nz links to websites owned and operated by other businesses. LUMA Southern Light Project does not have access to private and personal information gathered by those websites. LUMA Southern Light Project is not responsible for the content of or processing of private or personal information on other websites. For more information, please see each website’s privacy and security policy statement.
LUMA Southern Light Project has adopted data protection policies with respect to your privacy and security. We have developed this Privacy Statement to inform you about our practices. Please direct questions regarding this Privacy Statement to email@example.com
LUMA Southern Light Project collects and processes information about users in three ways:
- Traffic data
- Information provided by you
Which type of data is processed?
LUMA Southern Light Project may collect, use, store and transfer information about you in several different ways and this information may be classified in different categories. The following types of personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable data may be collected from you:
- Identity data: includes first name, last name, email address, demographic data such as gender, age bracket and location.
- Technical data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Enquiry data: includes data you have provided us with when you contact us for assistance (by any means of communication including written communications or via our website, telephone, email or our social media channels).
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services, as well as the frequency and pattern of your service use.
Photography and Videography
LUMA Southern Light Project may commission photographers to attend events, famils and activations in order to photograph the event, family and activation and the general environment. This will include images and footage of patrons and participants for the purpose of using them in our promotional or marketing material (including any publication) in the future.
In some circumstances, images or footage may constitute as personal information. The image or footage may be reproduced on our websites, or reproduced in communications via hard or soft copy. It should be noted that LUMA Southern Light Project is not responsible for any activities of the media or other patrons in relation to the display or communication of any footage or images at any event, family or activation.
Purpose of processing
- We may use the personal information you provide to us or we collect for the following range of purposes including:
- Use of e-mail and postal address to send out newsletters and other physical materials via our website and other channels.
- To provide you with information about our events.
- For statistics, aggregation and management of sites and services. Information is obtained in order to allow LUMA.nz to monitor site use, including how users come to the site, as well as tracking general usage patterns of users on our website. We use this information to manage and enhance the site.
We will only use your personal data to the extent permitted by law:
- To manage our relationship with you which will include; email communications about relevant news in the region, notifying you about changes to our policy, terms and conditions. (Identity data)
- To administer and protect our business and this website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data. (Identity, Technical data)
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you. (Identity, Usage, Technical data)
- To use data analytics to improve and enhance our existing products, services and applications and develop new offerings, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about customers’ preferences in general. (Technical, Usage data)
- To create and manage customer database(s) as part of our ongoing customer relationship management activities. (Identity, Technical, Enquiry, Usage data)
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Personally identifiable vs Non-personally identifiable information
LUMA Southern Light Project processes both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, address or date of birth.
Non-personally identifiable information is information and any other details that do not reveal your personal identity such as a user’s server address, operating system, domain name, the date and time you visit the website, pages accessed, documents downloaded or type of browser used.
We collect and process the following personally identifiable information:
- You can subscribe to our newsletter so that you receive emails from LUMA Southern Light Project on current news. For us to send email to the appropriate subscriber, you must first opt-in by registering your first and last names and email address. It is entirely voluntary for those visiting the website to provide personal information in connection with services to receive newsletters and request information material.
- When you visit LUMA.nz your IP address is recorded. We do not link this information directly to you as a user. The information is used to manage and maintain our sites. Examples of information that this data provides: How many people visit different sites, how long the visit lasts, what websites users are coming from and which browser is used. This enables us to develop better and more user-friendly services. See more about automated collection below.
We may also receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Identity and Contact Data from social media if you: (i) interact with any of our social network pages or applications; or (ii) you use one of our products or services that allow interaction with social networks, we may receive information relating to your social network accounts. For instance:
- Interactions: If you click on a ‘like’, ‘+1’ or ‘tweet’ or similar button in one of our websites or services, we may record the fact that you have done so. In addition, you can post our shared content to your social network profile or feed. We may receive information about further interactions with this posted content (for example, if your profile contacts click on a link in the posted content).
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
You may voluntarily give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. LUMA Southern Light Project must obtain consent from you for the particular purpose your personal information will be processed.
You will be asked to provide your personal information when registering for e-newsletters or completing a request form (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number and postal address). By registering your personal information, you consent to LUMA Southern Light Project using that information for legitimate purposes, such as sending you e-newsletters and marketing.
If you do not wish to receive emails from LUMA Southern Light Project, you may ‘opt out’ of email communications by unsubscribing.
LUMA Southern Light Project processes data about visitors to LUMA.nz. We use common Internet technologies, including Google Analytics and “cookies” to collect information about users so that at any time we can provide the best possible functionality and develop our information services. This information is taken from the computer’s web browser and may include your IP address, operating system and browser, referring URL, time of visit, pages visited, and searches performed.
The processing of non-personally identifiable information (such as user’s server address, operating system, domain name, the date and time you visit the website, pages accessed, type of browser used) will be for marketing purposes only. LUMA Southern Light Project does not need the individual’s consent to use non-personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Details of the cookies we use on the Site are as follows:
(i) cookies that are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features;
(ii) cookies that collect information about how visitors use the Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
How do I control cookies?
For more information on how to adjust your web browser settings for cookies see www.aboutcookies.org
For a guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy see www.youronlinechoices.com
- Accepting a cookie does not give us access to your computer or personal information stored on your hard drive under any circumstances.
- Although you can configure your web browser to not accept cookies, if you do so you may experience a resulting loss of functionality of this website.
Types of cookies
Necessary and preference cookies
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks.
Third party & performance cookies
To give you the richest experience possible on LUMA.nz, we use a number of third party services such as Facebook and Google Analytics. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from one of these sites, you may be presented with cookies from these websites.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Use and disclosure
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. We may use your personal information to:
- communicate with you;
- analyse usage of this website;
- provide you with further information, news, and promotional material; and
- improve the content of this website and to customise this website to your preferences.
We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you for the above-mentioned purposes;
- if you have authorised us to do so;
- if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Storage and security
Personal information collected on this website is collected and held by LUMA. We will take reasonable efforts to protect personal information that is held by us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
When we treat “non personally identifiable information” combined with “personally identifiable information” (for example your name combined with geographical location) the collected information is treated as personally identifiable information.
If we share your personal information with a third party, we will ensure that there are arrangements and agreements in place to ensure the safety of the information and prevent that the third party uses the personal information for purposes other than what was agreed.
We shall use all reasonable precautions to ensure that our employees, data processors and third parties who have access to information about you have adequate information to ensure that they treat such information in accordance with this statement and our obligations under privacy legislation.
Personal data is only retained for as long as is necessary proportionate to the purpose it was collected. Personal data must be kept accurate, and when necessary, kept up to date. LUMA Southern Light Project takes every reasonable step to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay.
Third party websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or for the manner in which those websites collect, hold, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third party website from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be will collected, held, used and distributed.
Right to access, correct or delete
You have the right to know how your personal information is processed by an organisation.
If LUMA Southern Light Project handles personal information about you, you are entitled to access your own information. If personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or inaccessible, you can ask LUMA Southern Light Project to correct the information.
We do not process and store information about you for longer than necessary for the intended purpose, or as required under existing agreements, and not beyond legal limits. We delete personal information when a user gives notice that he/she no longer wishes to use the service. For example, your email address used to send out newsletters is deleted when you unsubscribe. The same is done when we are notified of inactive email addresses.
You may request access to, correction of, or deletion of any personal information we hold about you by contacting our privacy officer:
LUMA Southern Light Project
To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.